Damon Braces Before and After
Clear Damon Braces - An Affordable Alternative
Dr. Ryan Redford and Dr. Michael Burke are dedicated to creating beautiful smiles with straighter teeth and good bites. A variety of orthodontic treatment options are offered at our practice, including a popular type of self-ligating system—the Damon braces system.
Beautiful Smiles with Damon Braces
This system of treatment results in what many call a “Damon Smile,” which is characterized by a broad smile, straight teeth, and less dark space at the corners of your mouth. We love creating these types of full, toothy smiles and refer to them in our office as “Burke & Redford Smiles”.
Photos of patients’ smiles before and after Damon braces often show improved facial aesthetics in addition to straighter teeth when the appropriate treatment plan is employed. In the hands of the right orthodontist, patients can end up with improved facial balance and a more youthful appearance. This has been called by some the Damon System Bracelift™.
What are Damon Braces?
The Damon braces system differs from other orthodontic treatments in three ways.
- No elastic or metal ties. Unlike traditional braces, Damon brackets are self-ligating (a door mechanism exists within each bracket to lightly secure the wire) and results in a passive slide. This means the elastics and clips used in traditional braces are not required. Colored ties are still available, however, for patients that may want them as a fun decoration.
- Fewer office visits needed for adjustments. Teeth move into place at a more even, gentle, and continuous pace with the use of lightweight, high-technology, shape-memory wires. This means fewer appointments are needed for adjustments.
- Faster, more comfortable adjustment appointments. Opening and closing the doors when changing wires and making adjustments to the braces is quick and easy. This results in less time spent in the chair and less “tightening” of braces.
Clear Damon Braces
Damon Braces are available in two versions—metal and clear. Stainless steel and polycarbonate are used for the metal brackets. The clear brackets, known as Damon Clear, are made of ceramic and can be tooth-colored or transparent.
One advantage of Damon Clear is that they are virtually invisible. This is because there are no metal clips or elastic ties. As the name states, Clear Damon Braces, means patients are actually getting braces that are clear.
Clear Damon Braces are usually selected by older teens and adults concerned with the cosmetic appearance of their braces. Other than the color and material used for the brackets, there is no difference in treatment quality or result between metal and clear braces.
Many people ask about the difference between Invisalign® and other types of braces, especially braces that use clear brackets like Clear Damon Braces. Unlike brace systems that use wires and brackets, Invisalign uses a series of transparent, customized trays to reposition and straighten teeth.
Patients typically switch to a new Invisalign tray every one to two weeks. Office visits are scheduled approximately every eight weeks to check on progress.
Many people enjoy the comfort and convenience of Invisalign for the following reasons.
- Invisalign aligners are transparent. Most people don’t notice when someone is wearing Invisalign.
- Invisalign clear aligners can be removed for eating. This means patients can eat foods (such as taffy and chips) that must be avoided when wearing braces.
- Invisalign aligners can be removed for brushing and flossing. Braces require special flossing techniques and require special attention to keep teeth clean. Because Invisalign trays can be removed, many people find it simpler to maintain their oral hygiene routine.
- Invisalign aligners contain no metal, which reduces mouth abrasions.
Despite its many advantages, Invisalign is not for everyone.
- Invisalign is best suited for patients who only need a mild alignment.
- Invisalign aligners must be worn up to 22 hours a day. If a patient is unable or unwilling to wear the retainer for the required duration each day, treatment will be ineffective. By contrast, Damon braces work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to adjust teeth.
- Invisalign aligners can be misplaced or lost. For this reason, Invisalign is recommended for adults or older teens. We know from experience how frequently younger patients misplace their retainers!
- Invisalign may cause a slight speech impediment (lisp) for some patients during treatment.
How much are Damon braces?
Damon braces are comparable in cost to traditional braces and Invisalign. However, the cost of orthodontic treatments will vary depending upon each patient’s individual orthodontic needs.
Find out the difference between Damon braces and clear ceramic braces. Each patient receives a free consultation and recommendation from our experience doctors based on their case and needs for the best results.
If finances are a concern, a variety of flexible payment options are available. Discounts are offered for payment in full, and several credit cards are accepted. Our staff will also determine what insurance benefits will contribute to the total orthodontic fee.
Call Burke & Redford Orthodontists at (951) 699-8011 to schedule a free consultation, or fill out the form on our website and an experienced staff member will give you a call to schedule a time that works best for you and your family.
An investment in a beautiful smile goes beyond straighter teeth. Many patients experience increased confidence after orthodontic treatments. This boost to self-esteem is priceless and will pay dividends for a lifetime. This is important for children, teens and adults.
Traditional Braces vs Damon Braces
Burke and Redford Orthodontists offer several types of braces, including traditional braces and Damon braces (self-ligating braces). After an initial assessment, the doctors will recommend the correct treatment system best suited for each patient.
It is important to remember that both types of braces are effective for teeth straightening, closing gap teeth, and fixing other orthodontic issues. Both types of braces use similar materials. After the initial adjustment period, patients are comfortable wearing their braces.
We described three ways the Damon system is different from traditional braces—no clips or elastics, fewer office visits, and reduced time spent in the dental chair during adjustments.
In addition to these differences, patients with Damon braces may find their braces easier to clean. This is because there are no elastic ties to attract and collect plaque.
As mentioned earlier, the best braces are the ones suited to a patient’s unique orthodontic needs. At your first orthodontic visit, Dr. Burke and Dr. Redford will conduct a thorough examination and discuss potential treatment options. The patient’s age and readiness for orthodontic treatment will be considered, along with their specific orthodontic issues.
Contact Burke & Redford Orthodontists in Temecula or Lake Elsinore by calling our main office at (951) 699-8011. You can also fill out a consultation form on our website anytime. We will set up a time that works with your schedule.